Saturday 20 November 2010

On My Wishlist (#8)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick Cityand runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I want but haven't haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

********************


It began with blood and death amid the streets of late-night Toronto. Vicki Nelson, formerly of Toronto's homicide detail, now a private investigator, witnessed the first attack by the force of dark magic that would soon wreak its reign of terror on the unsuspecting city. And as death followed unspeakable death, Vicki became more and more deeply enmeshed in an investigation which would see her renewing her stormy relationship with her former police partner, Mike Celluci, even as she teamed up with writer Henry Fitzroy, in a desperate attempt to track down the source of the seemingly unstoppable attacks. For Fitzroy, the illegitimate son of Henry VIII, had knowledge of realms beyond the mortal acquired over the centuries during which he'd mastered his own insatiable needs - the life-from-death cravings of a vampire.

Henry Fitzroy had long since learned to survive without killing, learned the skills needed to blend in with the human race. But unless he, Vicki, and Mike could find the key to conquering the magic-raised menace stalking the streets of Toronto, Fitzroy's true identity might soon be exposed and his life might prove forfeit to the uncontrollable fears of humankind. And without Henry Fitzroy, mere mortals like Vicki and Mike would not long survive against the ancient force of chaos that had been loosed on their world.

********************



Savannah's most unconventional tattoo artist, Riley Poe, lives on the edge. Now she's put over the edge when her younger brother is taken by a sinister cult led by vampires. Her only ally is the hot-tempered vampire Eli Dupre, attracted to Riley's beauty and rare blood type. To save her brother from certain un-death, Riley faces dangers she's never dreamed of, ruthless bloodthirsty enemies, and an evil of endless hunger that wants to devour it all...


So that's what's on my wishlist this week; what's on yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Afterlife sounds really good. I'll have to add that one to my wish list too. I'm not sure about Blood Price though, sounds a bit gory and scary for me.

Mel said...

I've read Blood Price and I loved it - and the rest of the series. It was one of the first 'urban fantasy' books - but came out before the term became popular. Hope you get and enjoy it soon! :)

pussreboots said...

Both look good. I think I'll add them to my list.

This week I read two books off my wishlist but I added about twice as many to my list. As always, I'm wishing for a mixture of books.

Chrissie said...

I've been wanting to read the Tanya Huff books for a while - they look really good! I love the look of Afterlight as well! I hope you get your books soon :)

Unknown said...

Tanya Huff's Blood books are fab. I read them quite a while ago now...maybe I should re-read. Afterlight looks fab! Love that cover :)