Wednesday 15 August 2012

Series Spotlight: House of Night #9

9515446

Title: Destined- Book #9

Author: P.C Cast & Kristin Cast

Publisher: UK - Atom | US - St. Martin's Griffin

Publication date: UK - 28/06/2012| US - October 2011

Format: Paperback - 325 pages

Genre: Paranormal - Young Adult

 

Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet - which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is.


But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans threatens its precarious stability. And then there's the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous boy who is actually more - or possibly less - than human. Only Zoey can sense the human compassion that wars with his Dark calling. Will Neferet's true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox's humanity in time to protect him - and everyone - from his own fate?



My thoughts:


First and foremost I have to mention that this review is most likely going to be completely negative.

 

I've never found myself in the position that I am right now whilst reading a series. I literally don't know whether to keep reading or not. On the one hand, I've read nine books so far - I genuinely do want to know what happens at the end. On the other, I cannot stand reading them anymore...

 

For some reason, over the last couple of books the series has taken a turn for the boring and annoying in my opinion. Now everything I used to love about the House of Night books I really can't stand to the point of wanting to throw the books across the room. 

 

I used to really love the characters but now - for the ninth book in a series at least - they seemed really flat and lacking in the character department. A lot can happen in nine books and if it was real life, it would change people. The characters haven't changed and since it's so far into the series, it just makes it that much more unbearable for me. 

 

The other thing that annoyed me was the fact that the plot seems to be going round in circles. I really enjoyed how slowly it was being revealed at the start of the series but now it seems like it's going on forever. If I could change it myself, the whole Neferet thing would have been cleared up ages ago. I don't think she's a strong enough character to be interesting for all this time.

 

Of course this is only my opinion and I know so many people are head over heels with this series so let me know what you thought of it. Are you excited for the next book (Hidden) to come out or are you like me - you've just had enough of all of it...

 

My rating: 2/10

 

P.C. and Kristin Cast:

 

P.C. - Goodreads - Kristin | Website | Blog | Facebook

 

 

 

Books in the series:

 

  1. Marked
  2. Betrayed
  3. Chosen
  4. Untamed
  5. Hunted
  6. Tempted
  7. Burned
  8. Awakened
  9. Destined
  10. Hidden

House of Night by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

No comments: