Wednesday 17 July 2013

Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

10025305


Title: Clockwork Prince
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices #2
Publisher: Walker 
Publication date: 03 May 2012
Format: Paperback | 512 pages
Genre: YA | Fantasy



Love and lies can corrupt even the purest heart…

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, while her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will - the wall he has built around him is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers to who she is and what she was born to do? As their search for the truth leads the three friends into peril, Tessa's heart is increasingly torn, especially when one of their own betrays them…



My thoughts:


My goodness what a read.



I don't even know what to say in this review that can actually get across how much I love Cassandra Clare's books. There's really nothing like them.



The characters in this book are phenomenal. There's such a variety of different characters that each have a specific role in the plot. They're all loveable and each are so well rounded with incredible backstories and distinct personalities. 
 
 
I have to say from the first book, Clockwork Angel, I loved all of the main characters, but in this one, Will just broke my heart. Especially towards the end, the way he spoke to his family made me cry on more than one occasion - I've never read anything like it.
 
 
The plot wasn't as much action packed as the first book but it felt a little more character based than anything. There was still enough action to get me turning the pages in anticipation - there was so much suspense at one point I noticed I kept holding my breath. 
 
 
Honestly, I can't even get close to doing this read credit in a review. All I can say is if you haven't picked up a book by Cassandra Clare, go do it! You seriously won't regret it.
 
 
But seriously, I think Will broke my heart.
 
 
My rating: 10/10
 
 
 
Cassandra Clare:
 
 
 

Books in the series:

 

  1. Clockwork Angel
  2. Clockwork Prince
  3. Clockwork Princess

No comments: