Saturday 6 July 2013

Review: Demonic Dora by Claire Chilton

17190483

Title: Demonic Dora

Author: Claire Chilton

Publisher: Ragz Books

Publication date: June 30th 2013

Format: ebook | Netgalley

Genre: Paranormal

Goodreads



SHE'S FINALLY MANAGED TO SUMMON HER FIRST DEMON...

Dora Carridine is trying to summon a demon, but she's not very good at Latin and nothing ever works out the way she plans.

Her life is fraught with weekly exorcisms and having to watch her father’s fire and brimstone TV show every Sunday. So, when Dora finally succeeds in summoning an incompetent demon lord, she’s absolutely delighted when all hell breaks loose.

She thought summoning a sexy demon lord would be the answer to all of her problems, but her problems are only just beginning when her zealot parents try to burn her at the stake, and Dora is left with only one option—to escape and follow her demon straight into Hell.



My thoughts:


I don't really have much to say about this one so it's probably going to end up a really short review.


I can honestly say a lot of people will hate this read. I only started reading it thinking it looked like a lot of fun and to be honest, it was.


There were no complicated plot twists, it was predictable and the writing was about average in my opinion. But it was so funny. I really loved the interaction between Dora and Kieron - sometimes it was so ridiculous I would read over a couple of pages just because it made me smile every time. 


It may not be the best read, but I honestly do recommend this one if you want a good laugh.


My rating: 6/10


Claire Chilton:

Goodreads | Website | Blog | Twitter

No comments: