Wednesday 8 January 2014

Review: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

2800905

Title: The Summoning

Author: Kelley Armstrong

Series: Darkest Powers #1

Publisher: Atom

Publication date: 20.01.2011

Format: Paperback | 392 pages

Genre: YA | Urban Fantasy

Goodreads



All Chloe ever wanted was to be normal. But when she starts seeing ghosts at school, she knows that life will never be normal again. When she finally breaks down, she's admitted to Lyle House - a group home for disturbed teenagers.


As she gets to know the other students - charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek; obnoxious Tori and Rae, who has a 'thing' for fire - Chloe begins to realise that something strange and sinister binds them all together…



My thoughts:


This was probably my third time reading this book before realising I never posted a review for it, so here ya go.


I love, love, love anything to do with Kelley Armstrong but this series is my absolute favourite and one that I could happily read over and over.


The Summoning  is the first book in a trilogy that's full of amazing characters, intense plot lines and brilliant writing that doesn't fail to have you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire read. 

 

What I love most about this book is the range of fantastic characters. I instantly fell in love with Chloe and I fell in love with the other, supporting characters, just as quickly as they were being introduced. They all offered something completely different to the story whilst having well rounded personalities and enough mystery about them to keep me interested.

 

Overall this is a fantastic read and one of my favourites. It has no end of great writing, loveable characters and enough suspense to have you flipping through pages as fast as you can.

 

My rating: 10/10

 

Kelley Armstrong:

Goodreads | Website | Twitter | Facebook

 

Darkest Powers:

  1. The Summoning
  2. The Awakening
  3. The Reckoning

1 comment:

Becca F (ReadingTeen) said...

I REALLY need to read this one. I bought it way back in the day, but for some reason couldn't seem to get into it. Of course, my genre tastes have changed drastically since then, so maybe I should try to pick this one up again! Great review! *Grabs book from shelf, moves to TBR shelf* :)

-Becca @Pivot Book Reviews