Saturday 12 April 2014

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

9718047

Title: Forever

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3

Publisher: Scholastic

Publication date: July 2011

Format: Paperback | 496 pages

Genre: YA | Paranormal

Goodreads



Sam has always loved Grace. As a wolf, eh watched her from afar. As a boy, he held her in his arms.


Now facing the possibility of a life without her, he will do anything to keep her safe. Even if it means facing his demons. Even if it risks everything he has.


Anything, as long as their love can survive…



My thoughts:


I don't really have much to say about this read apart from I was thoroughly disappointed. I loved the first book of this series. The second not so much, but this one really let me down more than any of Stiefvater's books have.

 

The most immediate problem I had was that it took so long for anything to happen. I honestly feel like half of this book can be cut out and it wouldn't make any difference. It dragged on for so long until it came to the ending - I have to say, that was the worst ending I've read in a long time. Because everything was taking so long I assumed it was all leading up to this brilliant ending that would take my breath away. Not so...

 

The only reason I kept going was that I really love this set of characters. Cole really stepped up to the plate in this one and seriously grew on me. Sam and Grace were just perfect. I do think that Sam really sulked a lot which annoyed me, more so than in the past books I mean.

 

However, it didn't matter how much I loved the characters in the end, because it was all ruined by the ending of this book. I would have rated it a lot higher if it hadn't been for that let down. It was so rushed and unsatisfying. 

 

My rating: 4/10

 

Maggie Stiefvater:

Goodreads | Twitter | Website | Blog | Facebook

 

The Wolves of Mercy Falls:

  1. Shiver
  2. Linger
  3. Forever

No comments: