Tuesday 22 April 2014

Review: Mad Dogs by Robert Muchamore

2025787

Title: Mad Dogs

Author: Robert Muchamore

Series: Cherub #8

Publisher: Hodder

Publication date: October 1st 2007

Format: Paperback | 394 pages

Genre: YA 

Goodreads



The British underworld is controlled by gangs. When two of them start a turf war, violence explodes on to the streets.


The police need information fast, and James Adams has the contacts to infiltrate the most dangerous gang of all. He works for CHERUB.



My thoughts:


Well this was definitely the most violent and action packed Cherub book I've read so far to say the least!


I don't really know what I can say about this book that I haven't already mentioned in previous reviews for past Cherub books. I really do love how fast paced these books are - they always go back and forth from Lauren and James' point of view and when both of them are getting up to no good, I end up flying through the pages. 


Another great aspect of the book was how it started off featuring Gabrielle and Michael. Gabrielle is a character I wanted to see more of so to have this book featuring her in such a way that it did was great. I loved her relationship with Michael and how they looked out for each other even when they weren't together - they were a really sweet, breath of fresh air kind of couple.


I'm really enjoying getting to know James more and more as the series goes on. He seems to have grown up a lot in this book especially. He's a lot more mature in dealing with the problems that come his way and I have noticed that he lashes out a lot less when someone annoys him. 


Overall this is a brilliant read. It has all of the good qualities a reader looks for in a book that makes the read a perfect one to keep coming back to. 


My rating: 10/10


 

Robert Muchamore:

 

 

 

Goodreads | Website | Twitter | Facebook

 

 

 

 

 

Cherub:

 

 

 

  1. The Recruit
  2. Class A
  3. Maximum Security
  4. The Killing
  5. Divine Madness
  6. Man vs. Beast
  7. The Fall
  8. Mad Dogs
  9. The Sleepwalker
  10. Dark Sun
  11. The General
  12. Brigands M.C
  13. Shadow Wave


No comments: