Tuesday 29 September 2015

Review: Pale Moon Walking by Paula Altenburg

26199175

Title: Pale Moon Walking

Author: Paula Altenburg

Series: N/A

Publisher: Entangled: Select Otherworld

Publication date: September 28th 2015

Format: Kindle | Netgalley | 282 pages

Genre: Adult | Paranormal Romance

Goodreads



Where the outlaws are out of this world...

US Marshall Sam Kyote has been sent to the dry old town of Coyote Bluff to recuperate from a top-secret government experiment that's left this law man a little...well, different. But Sam's about to find out that the town of Coyote Bluff has a whole lot of secrets. Most of which lead to Libby Mayden-the sexy, long-legged, and tight-lipped sheriff who saved his ass from an alien ambush.

The last thing Libby needs is a US Marshall poking around her town, especially one who's hotter than the Nevada desert sun. She can't let Sam find out most of her town are wanted outlaws. Between the aliens, the gunfighters, and a searing sexual attraction to Sam, she's in a whole heap of trouble. And Libby'll stride both sides of the law-and Sam-until she's forced to choose between self-preservation...and her heart.

 

 

My thoughts:


I wasn't a big fan of this read. I mean, I finished it, which was something in itself, but it was more of a chore than anything.


The characters of Pale Moon Walking didn't do anything for me. I wasn't enamoured by the romance and there were no moments in the read that made me wonder about any backstories of the characters. I just couldn't bring myself to care and that's why I can't say I enjoyed this book very much.


I found it difficult to get behind the whole alien aspect of this book as well. I have read books featuring aliens before so it wasn't the idea itself I didn't like, but it seemed really out of place in this one. I don't know if it was because I didn't think it was explained or introduced very well, or if they didn't play enough of a part in the story compared to the romance, but either way, it seemed like they weren't important in the grand scheme of things.


My rating: 3/10

 

Paula Altenburg:

Goodreads | Website | Twitter

 

No comments: